Part number help?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

K2edg
B1
Passat model: B5 TDI

Part number help?

Post by K2edg »

Hi all.

I have a 1999 Vw passat b5 tdi (AFN) that has a coolant leak coming from the pump area.

So after doing all the easy stuff (new Coolant pump, pump o-ring, plastic flange o-ring on the back of the housing), i haven't fixed it which has me thinking it's the o-ring between the pump housing and the engine block.

This brings me to my next problem, with the pictures below and all the details of the car i have a trip down to my local VW main dealer who tells me my car doesn't have an o-ring between the coolant housing and the block as per my pictures :roll: and i'm a little worried that the second i take the housing off the o-ring will fall apart leaving me car less.
AFN O-Ring1.jpg
AFN O-ring2.jpg
So i'm hoping someone on here might have access to either the parts diagram for the part number or the dimensions of the o-ring so i can buy the appropriate o-ring. I have done some searching but upto now has failed.

Can anyone help, please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login