Incorrect replacement rear caliper sent out by Autodoc?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

alpenweiss2
B3
Passat model: B5 1.9TDI Wagon

Incorrect replacement rear caliper sent out by Autodoc?

Post by alpenweiss2 »

As we live in France I normally order parts from Autodoc France. Had a problem recently which was pointed out at the French equivalent of the MOT. Basically the drivers side rear caliper was sticking or the sliders seized as the pads on that side were wearing down much quicker than on the other side.

Ordered a replacement caliper and a set of pads from Autodoc which turned up today. Ordered a Ridex one, just a basic pattern one. When I offered it up to the car i could see immediately that it was different.

Here's a photo of the new one and old one side by side. On the new one the spring and handbrake cable holder are in the wrong place? Offered it up to the other rear caliper on the left and it still doesn't look right?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/w6iBuYnEapRU9AK5A

Are there variations on rear passat B5 calipers? Our car is a 1999 B5 1.9tdi wagon 110BHP.

On their website it states that the part I ordered will fit but it doesn't? On my rear calipers is printed Lucas and 877/6 Altur 10 137

Just a thought would there be a difference between LHD and RHD? Obviously the French Autodoc is supplying parts for LHD. However the part number also matches the one on the UK Autodoc site?

Can't figure it out?

Can anyone help?

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login