URGENT: How can I prime my TDI after a fuel issue?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

alpenweiss2
B3
Passat model: B5 1.9TDI Wagon

URGENT: How can I prime my TDI after a fuel issue?

Post by alpenweiss2 »

Hi Folks. I posted another thread about this, but really could do with some help today as I cannot start our 1999 1.9 tdi AFN Wagon.

It failed to start for the first time ever the other night. Was too dark and wet to really investigate.

Checked on Tuesday morning in the day light and it appears a rodent has chewed through the leak off pipe that goes from the rear most injector to the rear of the diesel pump. I have replaced the pipe but fear that lots of air has got into the system and someone in the other thread advised that the fuel could have drained back as far as the fuel tank.

I have tried several times to start the car but no joy. Even used jump leads attached to our T4 as the Passat battery was flagging after several attempts in -1 temperatures.

I don't think it can be anything else that has caused this problem, would be too much of a coincidence. Car was completely reliable and running perfectly prior to this.

I have a spare fuel filter (as this job is long overdue). If I remove the old one, fill the new one with diesel refit and retry is it likely to start? Maybe fuel has drained from the current filter?

I'm really at a loss but we need the car running again!!

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login