WANTED: Parts needed for sprung load cover on 1999 Wagon.

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

alpenweiss2
B3
Passat model: B5 1.9TDI Wagon

WANTED: Parts needed for sprung load cover on 1999 Wagon.

Post by alpenweiss2 »

So I was driving along the other day and I heard a springing and whizzing noise from the load area in our Passat 1999 Wagon..thought nothing of it.

Anyway got home and had look and the retractable load area cover had completely lost any tension.

Removed it from the car and investigated. It seems that where the spring loaded roller screws into the two plastic end caps that the plastic has failed due to age/fatigue. That would explain the sudden noise as both sides let go. I have tried to repair with glue but with no luck. The end caps have a molded part which slots into the end of the roller part to maintain the tension. These bits have snapped off the end caps.

We live out in France in the middle of nowhere. I just need the two end caps. Does anyone have any spare and would be happy to post to me in France. We have no scrap yards or breakers with at least 100km.

Cheers Paul

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login