B5 TDi electrical gremlins

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

bunglebus
Passat model: B5

B5 TDi electrical gremlins

Post by bunglebus »

I have a '98 TDi AFN, about a month ago I had a new key (aftermarket) coded to my car at a show. The old one is the type shared with Sharans, this one's a MK4 Golf style flip key.
The same weekend I noticed the two interior spotlights were glowing slightly all the time whether the car was on/off locked/unlocked - possibly a coincidence. This has happened ever since, if I turn the front interior light off the two rear interior lights glow dimly instead.
Yesterday the battery light came on when I started it but the interior lights were off - pulled away after checking the drive belt and the batt light went off but as it did the interior lights came on dimly again.
This morning the batt light once again came on and went off as I pulled away but the interior light wouldn't do anything - no spotlights or main light.
Anyone got a clue what is going on?
I'll check voltages later - car does a mix of town trips and longer drives, definitely gets enough long runs to keep the battery charged especially lately

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login