1.9 AWX sheared dipstick tube

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

mattbarber
B2
Passat model: B5.5 Highline

1.9 AWX sheared dipstick tube

Post by mattbarber »

Hi all,

Yesterday everything was fine, this morning I found sprayed oil on the subframe, the coolant tank, various other places that side...so I know it's only done 20 miles max like this....but could have been one mile.
I think it's been cracked for a while, as the oil around the metal tube looks dirty / gritty etc.

Looks like the dipstick tube is cheap...but please tell me it's just a push fit...I think it is looking at the GSF website. I will get genuine though.
It was just detached when I found it, and what was left on the metal pipe came off in two bits. Looks like the new tube will simply press onto the splined part of the metal pipe which goes to the block or sump...fingers crossed?!!

No plastic bits went down the tube, as all the bits fit together perfectly.....luckily.

The dipstick reads half way between min and max which was a relief, may have lost 200ml of oil, or maybe half a litre at most. It's on the undertray too, but can really tell the severity of the leak yet.
dip 5.jpg
dip 2.jpg
dip 4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login