CCM issue??

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

K2edg
B1
Passat model: B5 TDI

CCM issue??

Post by K2edg »

Hi all......

Sorry for yet another CCM post, i have spent hours over the last few days searching and tbh i'm fairly sure my CCM is dying but with the festive period won't get my hands on one until New year.

So about two weeks ago now my Interior lights stopped working (no power at the bulb holders with the switch on the door option), pulled the seat out and spent some quality time with the loom replacing a few suspect solder joints (non-broken i could find), this didn't make any difference...... after some searching, i found something about position 14 fuse (checked that and it was fine) so decided to live with No interior lights for the time being...... btw the floor was dry and i had already moved the CCM a few years ago behind the air blower in an attempt to prevent this (guess that failed)

About a week ago i came out to the car after a frosty morning and the rear central locking was doing odd things, one time it would open the left hand rear door but not the rear right, another time it would deadlock the left hand rear door so couldn't open it from the inside, another time it would all work fine and then the rear doors and boot just stopped working (front doors work fine).

At this point, i thought it wise to check what is and isn't working..... so turns out the Rear doors + Boot central locking, Interior lights and Electric sunroof are all not working. I had some experience with water getting into the CCM a while back but after thoroughly drying it out it worked for a long time (it just had an intermittent Front passenger door gremlin i could never get to the bottom of).

The only thing that has me questioning if it really is the CCM or not is from past experience it acts like it's possessed when it played up (windows would just randomly open or a door would just lock when your driving etc). That said though there isn't much else it could be??

I have bought a tested CCM with the same part number from a breaker but it won't be here until New year, i was just wondering if you think this is a good call and if it's a plug and play kinda deal?? (will it need to be coded), my car is a 1999 B5 TDI without remote locking so that shouldn't be an issue but i know Modules etc can be coded to the car?

Thanks, and Have a Great New Year!!

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login