Not good vibrations

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Danamow
still on the production line
Passat model: B5

Not good vibrations

Post by Danamow »

Hi all, I posted a month ago about fitting a new clutch, but that had to be binned off for a bit due to more pressing matters.

While investigating my all over vibration whilst accelerating which I had down as oil on the clutch as my rear oil seal is leaking I found that one of my driveshafts were shot and an engine mount leaking.
Great it's not the clutch it something easier. Ha!

So I got 2 new driveshafts, 2 engine mounts and 2 gearbox mounts all from Autodoc and all made by Ridex. I installed them yesterday with not much problem, ran the engine to settle them before tightening everything back up, great I thought this is gonna be like a new car.

No, not great, I now have a much worse vibration than before at tickover throughout the whole car it never vibrated before on tickover just when driving, and it only slightly gets better if I rev or drive it but its still there. The vibration under load has gone from the driveshaft so that's something I suppose.

I've messed with the snub mount,(it's a v6 one fitted 3 years ago) had it cental not touching anything and pressed it up and down makes no difference at all.

Timing, injectors all good.
It can only be the mounts as nothing else has changed

Is there something I'm missing here im at a loss, any help appreciated.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

This topic has 19 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login