VCDS, Climatronic, Flap Motors.... HELP please!

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

bmgmotorsport
Passat model: B5.5

VCDS, Climatronic, Flap Motors.... HELP please!

Post by bmgmotorsport »

Hey, i'm new here but had my Passat for ages now (and a B5 Audi S4 before I bought a house!) and i'm in need of some help please.

To cut a long story short, a couple of months ago I pulled the dashboard to change the heater matrix. All has been fine and dandy since then, but last week a puff of smoke came out of the Climatronic unit, but nothing seemed to stop working! However, a day or so later I realised there was no hot air coming in, and the windscreen blower wasn't very strong. Quick Climatronic self diagnosis revealed a host of fault codes, so got a replacement Climatronic head unit off eBay (after opening the other one up and seeing the chip that had given up) plugged it in, and no change. The codes that are being thrown up now are:
25b
4f7
4fa

Now, 4fa and 318 i'm not worried about as the recirc (4fa) hasn't worked for ages, and the a/c (318) has never worked since I've had the car. However, 4f7 temperature flap servo motor and 25b footwell/defrost flap motor I would quite like to work again! I've sourced and plugged in a replacement V68 (4f7) motor but it still doesn't work.

My main question is, is there a way these motors can be tested through VCDS to make sure the motors work? I can't now see 2 not functioning, and is there any other interface between the Climatronic unit and the flap motors?

I have temporarily got round the heat issue at the moment by removing the V68 motor and wedged the flap half open, at least it's now not fully cold!

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login