More than occasional smoke

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Gazwould
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: 1.9 AVF Sport

More than occasional smoke

Post by Gazwould »

I think this one has been going a long time but being an older car I just accepted it , but feel it's got worse now .

So occasional start up and running with part throttle slight acceleration there is some visable smoke , but it's random !

A bit more than occasional as I've observed this afternoon going across town , happend 4 times .

Hard to see with privacy shades so relying on side mirrors , I'm more conscious of it now so would like to sort .

I do remember one mot smoke opacity test being aborted as one of the later accelerations coughed that would of ruined the mean value .

Going to drive it more to see if there is a pattern , haven't seen it on full throttle yet and will floor it when I see it next on part throttle with warmed up engine .

At present I'm thinking PCV , now I've not had to look at PCV for a very long time as my first car on an engine swap change had a blocked rocket cover breather gauze fit for an acid bath .

I'm losely thinking..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-9-TDI-AVB- ... 4196388647

as this diaphragm acts as a seperator .

Much cheaper than a new cam cover .

Your experiences ?

Indigo Blue Sport Wagon

I'd give her some 'trivago'

This topic has 42 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login