No boost in 1st and below 3000rpm

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Jordanh3
Passat model: B5.5

No boost in 1st and below 3000rpm

Post by Jordanh3 »

Hi all

I wonder if anyone could help i have a 2002 passat 1.9pd awx remapped, egr delete, decat delete (all of which done over a year ago

It doesnt boost in 1st and boosts at 3000-3500 in all the other gears but there nothing low down... but when it does boost it goes like a mad man. The problem started off as abit down on power low down And then progressed to when first drove it would hesitate and cough a little in 1st but only when initially set off and then would be fine again for however long i drove it and now its got the this

I took it to a friend who is apparently hot on these engines and he found my timing was loose due to a failed tensioner, so i replaced tensioner but i still have the same issues, the engine runs absolutely mint, and you can hear the turbo spooling when you rev it stationary but as soon as you drive it theres nothing in first and nothing until 3000-3500rpm in any other gear, if you gently press the throttle it does pull abit earlier, about 2300-2500rpm.

So far ive swapped the n75 valve between turbo and egr - no difference
-maf sensor off 150 golf - no difference
-new bosch boost pressure sensor - no difference
-Changed the injector wiring loom from tps - no difference
-removed turbo and stripped down and cleaned vnt vanes - no difference

Sorry for the lengthy thread id just rather give everyone the full details and thank anyone who may be able to shed some light, thank you!

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login