AVB Alternator Belt Tensioner Change

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

CzechAudi
still on the production line
Passat model: B7 Alltrack

AVB Alternator Belt Tensioner Change

Post by CzechAudi »

Not been on her for a while so first a quick update.

My B5 2.0 TDI estate is still running at 157k, not been the most reliable car I've ever owned, steering lock, DPF failure, turbo actuator, various sensors, ERG valve, the list goes on. There is no comparison with the BMW I own that has done even more miles and has been utterly reliable. And there's no comparison with the earlier 5.5, Audi A6 and Skoda Superb I've also previously owned.

Found myself needing an automatic as my partner needed surgery on her hand, so I bought a '53 1.9Tdi with no MOT and 90k on the clock for £250. Took it straight for MOT and it passed with no advisories. That was September and it's been great.

The alternator (etc.) drive belt tensioner on the front of the engine is rattling around and making a lot of noise so needs replacing. Just wondering if anyone has done this, do I have to take the front of the car off or is it straightforward?

Thanks

This topic has 15 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login