I've been putting off asking this on here but...

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

BIG F@ TW@
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5.5 Highline

I've been putting off asking this on here but...

Post by BIG F@ TW@ »

So, in a nutshell I'm not sure if I have an issue with my clutch or if what I'm going to describe is normal.

Quick background. The car is an 05 Highline TDi, 200k miles, clutch changed by Darkside Developments before I purchased it a few years back (receipts at home), remapped using one of T2000's maps to approx 175bhp, 18 inch wheels with 225/40 tyres.

It only gets used at weekends and school holidays etc, so hasn't been hammered on miles etc in my ownership.

Currently living with a small issue/niggle that I'm hoping doesn't require a new clutch etc. What happens is that when the car is first used and is cold, the clutch judders when setting off (only in 1st). Once the car warms up it's perfect. There is zero slipping or other clutch related issues.

I have however noticed that when setting off if I increase the beans a bit it can help, but that's not my style of driving so I don't like to (incase the juddering kicks in again)

It does have a noisy release bearing, so when clutch is engaging after getting pressed there is an audible noise that goes once clutch is fully engaged. This is only really noticeable when setting off from a standing start.

So my questions are:
Could it be linked to the remap?
Could it be linked to the release bearing?
Could it be something else?

Cheers Guy

This topic has 24 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login