2002 AVF no go

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

passatmann0
B3

2002 AVF no go

Post by passatmann0 »

After 320000 miles my trusty B5.5 had started to loose water again (pressure in header tank) I was intending to fit a second hand head over christmas, I had done this at 230000 miles having had the same problem back then, I already had a head taken from a 2005 Bora which a had broken It's crankshaft, I had bought all the parts needed to do the job but the week before the holidays a 2005 Skoda Superb came up breaking locally with only 64000 miles, engine was same code AVF, I got the complete engine for £250 so bought and fitted it, I used the wiring loom from my own car which wa removed with the engine fitted to new engine and refitted withthe new engine (it was unplugged from the ECU box in the scuttle) everything else (bar a new clutch) came from the Skoda, everthing went to plan and it went in no prob and even sarted first attempt, everything has been great for a fortnight till last Fri when I went out and it wouldn't start, turns over, no fault codes, there are signals from the eng speed sensor, cam sensor (as i'm getting a torsion value), air flow meter as expected and when you crank it over fuel is coming from the outlet of fuel filter, I'm going to make up a loom to see if the injectors are getting a signal to fire as so far that is the only thing I can't confirm.
Just wondering if anyone has any pointers as to where I should be looking next, was well impressed with the way it was going, even better than it did when I bought it 11 years ago at 155K!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance Sandy

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login