B5.5 w8 problems......

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

D7FF M
Passat model: W8

B5.5 w8 problems......

Post by D7FF M »

So the dreaded day yet again has come for the w8 problem of the month. Had a few small issues as of late but they seemed to have ironed out since removing the carpet, drying it out aswell as the floor and sealing up the door membranes. So New Years day the carpet went back in after checking the ccm (which was bone dry and all terminals mega clean) and cleaned the earth for the ccm also. Since then car has ran fine until last night where it hiccuped once or twice, then tonight after work went to fire it up and it cranked a lot longer than usual so I stopped and tried again, same again but it did fire up after say 3-4 seconds flowed by the eml 🙄 the same issue happened before the turn of the year hence why I removed the carpet to investigate. The last time the eml and epc light flagged as I pulled lots of Canbus codes from it once I pulled out the fuse for the abs as vag com wouldn’t connect to any modules at all. Being a w8 being a bit of a unicorn I’m not expecting anyone to have had something similar but I’m hoping it’s worth a shot. I’ll attach the picture of the codes I have from the engine control module in the hope that someone knows a common place for wiring chaffing, modules faults or common faults before I start ripping modules and cables etc as the engine is a tight squeeze as you can imagine.

Thanks in advance for any input
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.