Passat estate sport 4motion 6 speed - do i buy it?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

RussTDI
still on the production line
Passat model: B5.5 TDI estate

Passat estate sport 4motion 6 speed - do i buy it?

Post by RussTDI »

I'm already the proud owner of a 2004 Passat 1.9tdi highline estate and my other half drives a 2004 Volvo S60 D5. I've been looking out for another car for her over the past 6 months and I've been thinking a VW Polo tdi or Skoda fabia VRS would fit the bill nicely. Preferably I want to have both cars from the VW/Audi stable to keep things like using the same engine oil and not having to buy separate diagnostics systems for both cars.

Now this afternoon and I've just seen a very local 2004 Passat estate come up for sale. It's got the AVF PD130 engine, a 6 speed gearbox and it's a 4motion. It's a fairly high spec having half leather/alcantara seats, multi function steering wheel, front fog lights etc and it's only done 117k miles. The bad bits are that all four bumper corners are scuffed and it's got a rust scab on one front arch and one rear arch but otherwise the paintwork is tidy, its also an unusual silvery grey colour. The asking price is £1600, which i think is a bit steep personally.

The question is though, do I buy it?

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login