HD 240mm Clutch question, SMF, Xtend, SachsVS LUK, SRE and more...

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Groundscraper
still on the production line
Passat model: C5

HD 240mm Clutch question, SMF, Xtend, SachsVS LUK, SRE and more...

Post by Groundscraper »

Hi guys, i´m building a AVF PD130 allroad C5, so i need a good clutch... since it´s 2ton and AWD, and wont be stock power for long... it will be daily driven and 200BHP/400nm is the goal, no more...

1-My question is will a stock 240mm LUK or Sachs DMF kit be enough? i know many of you guys run this with 200+ hp but in FWD format, will it hold in AWD+2ton?

2-I´ve heard bad things about both, so... sachs ou LUK?

3-I´m taking out a 2.5 V6 AKE engine, with has a 240mm clutch also(capable of handling the stock 180bhp/370nm), i´ve compared the 2 on paper and the flywheel as diferent bolt pattern and number of bolts, so no go... the disc is aparently similar, even the hub theeth, the only visible diference is that it has no springs, don´t know about the offset or the thickness, but will investigate more, the plate i don´t know if its stronger or even if it has the same bolt pattern to Flywheel...
One thing is for sure, Sachs SRE discs have the same part number for both the 2.5 tdi an 1.9 AVF.
Maybe i could use AVF DMF, and AKE disc and pressure plate... if it can handle the 2.5, it will handle the tuned 1.9.

4-Has anyone have experience with SMF kits? They are very competitive priced, and use one in my AFN daily with no major issues, but i´ve heard thay are really bad for 01e Quattro gearboxes... i even read some posts in the USA that they used g60 and 1.8t SMF clutchs and destroyed the gearbox, so has anyone had the experience with SMF´s and quattro?

This topic has 15 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login