Window Motor PLEASE HELP!!

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

nickL
Passat model: B5

Window Motor PLEASE HELP!!

Post by nickL »

Ok, so my drivers side front window went a few weeks ago. I originally thought the clamps had broken the glass due to all the crunching when going up and down whilst the window stayed in place.

The car is a 2005 VW Passat Estate 1.9 TDI 130 bhp.

When I took everything apart it was actually the window regulator. The cable had snapped and wrapped itself around the motor cog which was causing the crunching sound.

I replaced the regulator and ordered a new motor.

When the new motor arrived I took the old motor to the tip thinking nothing of it.

After I put everything back together nothing was working as it should. The wing mirror control activated the lock and there is no power to the window or any other window. The red lock indicator/alarm light is also permanently on.

After speaking with the company I got the motor from they informed me that the window motor needs to have the same letters at the end of the numeric sequence as the original. I have no idea what these letters are as I assumed a motor is just a motor and threw it in the tip during one of my many tip runs....

I was wondering if it's possible to recode the replacement motor??

I have the code for the passenger side which is 3B4 837 751 QR. I tried searching for a drivers side version i.e. with 752 at the end so 3B4 837 752 QR but nothing seems to be available although plenty of the passenger side versions. This leads to me think that it probably didn't have a QR at the end....

Any help with this would be more than appreciated. It's driving me round the bend. Even more so given VW said it would be £380 for a new motor. Not far off what the car is worth!

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login