Non starter

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

rac060804
still on the production line
Passat model: B5

Non starter

Post by rac060804 »

Hi all
I'm after a little guidance of possible...
I have a 2005 Passat 1.9 estate and was driving to work last week and without warning the engine seemed to struggle running, spluttered and died.
RAC came out, no fault codes but got her started with easystart and said my engine fuel pump was US.
I've replaced that, but after trying to prime, nothing.....no fuel getting into the new filter I fitted.......so I attached the in tank fuel pump to a spare battery and the pump came to life and filter was filled......after some cranking she fired into life.....job done I thought. After a couple of minutes, same thong, splutter then died and won't fire.
I've since checked the multi plug on the lift pump and I'm getting no voltage so now thinking fuse or relay....where are they 😉. Different peeps are saying different locations. What numbers in the boards etc??.
I also had the dreaded moist passenger carpet so wondering if something in that direction is US.

I'm gutted as in the four years of ownership and has been so reliable and a great car.

Appreciate any direction you can offer.

Thanks
Steve

This topic has 34 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login