Regrets ? I have a few.

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

bobfish45
B7
Passat model: b5

Regrets ? I have a few.

Post by bobfish45 »

It's been a few weeks since the passat has gone, and I have come to understand what it means to be the owner and driver of a car with no soul :sad:
I drove to South Wales over the weekend, a four hour slog through twisty roads, motorists going from town to village in no particular hurry, that needed a squirt of instant go with maybe a good tread on the brakes after a short overtaking stretch before negotiating a tight bend. A journey I did do in the passat and one that used all the best that me and car could muster.
Passengers didn't always appreciate what the Bilsteins, Eibach, s4 brakes and Upsolute remap gave me, but we were always safe, and it felt like proper driving.
Did the journey in the A6 , and despite uprated brakes, lowered and remapped, it was s**t. I never realised how heavy these are, they don't corner, they don't accelerate,(at least not with 180 bhp), they're very thirsty, and are NOT an enthusiasts car.
On the motorway they are great, comfy, all the toys and make a Cornwall journey a doddle, but how often do I do that?
I don't know what I will decide to do with it, but all you guys with good passats, think hard before you let them go =((

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login