So since my B5.5...........

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

T2000
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5.5 Estate TDI

So since my B5.5...........

Post by T2000 »

Since I had my B5.5 which I held on to I haven't really found a car that I liked as much, I had the B5.5 3 years and did 50k in it and loved every minute.

I have had a Skoda VRS diesel , 2 Honda Civics diesel, a 93 Merc E220, Beetle TDI in the last 2 years, although I held onto the Skoda for nearly 2 years I only did 10k in it so sold it and decided to going back to £1500 cars and trying a few out.

Which brings me to my recent purchase of which I always wanted one but never got around to it..................................................

Yep I'm now an Audi W...ker but I love it, great to drive and reminds me of my old MK2 Golf GTI, I reckon these are a future classic.

It's a 2002 225BHP BAM engine Quattro, totally standard and bought it off a mate who was on hard times and gave him a grand for it!

Now it isn't without it's problems but nothing a few quid won't sort, needs a shock so bought 2 OE struts with springs that have done 15 months of driving so fresh, rear qtr has a few bubble so that needs paint, new stereo to go with the Bose system, wheels refurbed and dash pod fixed, nothing major, only thing I will be doing for MOT is shocks so the other stuff will get done after I have a few miles under my belt to iron out any unknown kinks but so far it's a cracker.

MPG isn't too bad but not on par with the 45-47mpg I averaged in the Passat, averaging about 32mpg but insurance is cheaper than the bloody Civic??

Yes I have heard all the hairdresser jokes but to be honest the interior is a proper man place to be, black leather, alloy and chrome just ticks all my boxes and it goes like stink too, I will be upping the power with a sneaky remap to around 250bhp and 265lb ft so it should wake it up a bit.

I'm off for a spin ;-)
Passat AVF 130 TDI Sport Wagon, DIY Remap 170-80/280-290, EGR delete (Gone to a better place)
Skoda Superb 130 TDI AWX Saloon, another sneaky remap 160-170/270-280, EGR delete, lots of goodies and an Umbrella! (Sold....What's next?)
Skoda Octavia Estate VRS 170 Limited Edition 168/500, DTUK CRDT around 210bhp/300lb ft, Autolights, S5 knob, Android HU.(sold)
08 BMW E91 M Sport 320D, 177BHP soon to be remapped. (POS never again, gone!)
2011 Subaru Outback Wagon, 150bhp/248lb ft, slow and steady. (DEAD)

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login