The mystical air con relay 267 or 384 - where is it?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

phy8dop
still on the production line
Passat model: B5

The mystical air con relay 267 or 384 - where is it?

Post by phy8dop »

My air con has stopped working. There is gas in the system. The compressor kicks in if it is given a 12v feed.

The electric cooling fan isn't working whether in econ or auto. Thereofre I think its something further up the line which is preventing multiple aspects of the air con from working i.e. fuse or relay.

I cant hear a relay clicking, although listening for this with a 20 year old diesel engine running is quiye challenging.

I decided to try and pull the relay to check it. This is where my problems started.

I've removed the panel from under the steering wheel. The first bank of relays didn't have a 384 or 267.

First bank of relays:

There was another panel behind it. To remove this I had to take out the fuse box. There still isnt a 267 or 384.

Second bank of relays:

Ive noticed another set of connectors right at the back (I cant even tell if they are relays - the white and red connectors in the final picture.).
Is the AC relay likely to be up here? Have I missed something obvious? Is it possible that a previous owner has swapped the relay with an alternative?

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login