Turbo Owl sound

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Dolskis
Passat model: B5.5

Turbo Owl sound

Post by Dolskis »

Hey all.
First, I wanna apologize if I make some mistakes.
I wanna ask, if someone of you, had the Straight pipe in passat 5.5 1.9 96kw AVF engine?
Do you have that "owl" sound?
My situation: One day I decide that I need the straight pipe for my passat. First, I cut off the "back box" and putted the 65mm steel pipe AND REMOVE CATALYST (Not with the CAT BOX, but CATALYST) nothing, no sound changes, no owl nothing. After 2 days I decided to take off my middle muffler box. I welded the same diameter 55mm like is stock. Then I get the nice sound, and that OWL. But is was very very very very very silent. I can hear it from inside car little bit. I decided to make it louder and I cutted off the CAT BOX (i don't know how to name it, decat or smth, so I cutted the CAT BOX :D) And putted the 60 mm pipe into it's place. And now. The owl is gone. Just a big sound of my exhaust and no owl... So now I can say I have "full" straight system.
So, can you give me advice? Need to put CAT BOX back, or etc? :confused::confused::confused:
I tryed search in google, some golf's or bora 130m, they owners put FULL straight exhaust system and the owl is loud, mine is gone.
So, how I can make the "owl" sound again? Put bigger diameter pipes (example 65mm 2.5inch all way from turbo back to the back of the car) or just put "cat box" back in, and have the silents owl? Can you help me to find out the problem?

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login