Passat 2002 1.9TDI AVF, oil level sensor problems..

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

malcosis
still on the production line
Passat model: B5

Passat 2002 1.9TDI AVF, oil level sensor problems..

Post by malcosis »

Hi there,.
Ive got a 2002 1.9tdi, AVF engine passat.
All was fine recently, with the help from people here, i sorted the turbo using mr muscle, that worked fine.
Now, i have a leaky oil level sensor, the one that on the underneath of oil pan, opposite the sump plug.
At first i was hoping it was just the sump plug, so i gave a quick oil change, and oil filter, and replaced the sump.
But, it was still leaking, under further inspection, it seems to be seeping from the oil level sensor,.
So, i bought a new one, drained the oil,swapped out the sensor,(its the one with 3 allen bolts, and metal protector), replaced oil filter again, filled her back up with the oil,, hoping that would be the end of it, when i notice, its still dripping.
Would i be able to add some extra gasket sealent? and also, why is it dripping?, its a new sensor, the rubber around the seal seemed fine, not loose, or too small, looked totally good.
Im thinking i can add a bit of sealent, and hopefully that should fix this annoying situation.
Thanks for reading.
Malc.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login