3 different independent fault since having car standing for 1,5 year... ?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

2stroke
B4
Passat model: B4/B5/B5.5

3 different independent fault since having car standing for 1,5 year... ?

Post by 2stroke »

:) Hi !

VW Passat ( 1997-2005 )

Two weeks ago I was going to put one of familys VW Passat Estate 4-Motion back in traffic after about 1,5 year standing.
I put in the battery in the engine compartment rolled out the car from garage and turned the ignition on and started the car

( 1'st fault )
* The engine fired up immediately, but just run for 2 seconds...
...the immobilizer kicks in and Immo light was flashing and sounding.
I tried to restart the engine for about 20 times with both keys ---> same result.
After I had erased all fault codes with VCDS that had occured the car started just fine and was running great...
...But if I let the car be for about ~30 minutes the car can not be reastarted becase of the Immobilizer...
...The Immobilizer again kicks in and the car can not be started when car have been sitting for ~30 minutes.
If I try to start the engine it just starts and then immediately shut of.
If I then do "Erase all fault codes" with VCDS the car can be started and running just fine until next time the car sits for ~30 Minutes.
...and so on.
I have tried to change tha car battery and I also have tried both car keys with the same result.

( 2'nd fault )
* Then when the engine was running steady and good I also saw that the ABS light was constantly lit.
When I turned the engine off all the warning lights was flickering and sounding allthough the key was not in the ignition lock.
I later discovered that if I remowed the 40 Amp ABS main fuse or took of the main harness of at the ABS module in the engine compartment
all the flickering lights and warning sounds would dissepear.
So I
( the fault itself was wery similar to this Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBAXpPo ... 42FCUJ3Iao
...but after I checked the Ignition Switch I came to the conclusion that the car did not have any problem with the Ignition Switch. )

( 3'rd fault )
* If I rev the engine over 2000 rpm the RED ! exclamationmark in the display comes on.
The ! warning light stays lit until I restart the engine and then the error repeats itself.

:confused: When I put the car away it had none of the above problems...
...Wtf has happened with the car since I just have had it standing ? :confused:

Please Login or Register to see this code
Passat's that I have owned...
* 1974 , 1500 cc , 4-speed.
* 1975 , 1500 cc , 4-speed.
* 1975 , 1500 cc , 4-speed.
* 1977 , 1600 cc Injection , 4-speed.
* 1984 , 1800 cc , 5-speed.
* 1991 , 1800 cc , 5-speed.
* 1994 , 2000 cc , 5-Speed.
* 1999 , 1900 cc , TDI , Syncro , 5-Speed.
* 2000 , 1800 cc , Turbo , 5-speed.
* 2000 , 2300 cc , VR-5 , 4-Motion , 5-Speed . :((
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Current VAG cars in family...
* 2001 , VW Passat 2.3 VR-5 , 4-Motion
* 2002 , VW Passat 1.8T
* 2006 , Skoda Fabia 1.4 16v
* 2008 , Audi A4 1.8T , Quattro
* 2016 , VW Caddy Maxi 2.0 TDI , DSG , 4-Motion
* 2016 , VW Golf ALLTRACK 1.8 TSI , DSG , 4-Motion
* 2018 , Seat Arona 1.0 TSI
* 2018 , Skoda Octavia SCOUT 2.0 TDI , 4x4

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login