Impossible to find part

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

alex.b55
Passat model: B5.5

Impossible to find part

Post by alex.b55 »

Yeah, as the title says, I've had my Passat's steering knuckle broken and I thought it won't be a big deal finding a spare one in the scrapyard for £30 but as it turns out it's not that easy. The car is 2003 2.0l Passat SE (petrol, 20v, 130bhp) saloon. For some crazy reason I can't seem to find the steering knuckle that I'm after for more than 6 months which made me buy another car however I still want to get it back on the road (with the amount of work and new parts in it it should do another 60-70k without any problems). Now the part number I've taken from the old steering knuckle is 8D0407259 AQ. I find the same number everywhere but the last two letters are different and after the 3rd knuckle I got from ebay I've decided to stick to what I've got. Also do you recon that the old one can be welded to the point where it's safe to drive? Any suggestions are welcome, please advise what to do?

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login