Why always one small nut?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

bobfish45
B7
Passat model: b5

Why always one small nut?

Post by bobfish45 »

I had an hour and a half of free ramp time at my friends garage today, so I thought I would finish doing my shocks upgrade and put the front bilsteins on, the rears I had already done.
So, plenum cover off, two 13mm nuts undone on top, down below, 18mm bolt through shocker out, bit of leverage to clear bottom arm and out. Into the vice, spring compressors on, top nut undone, swap spring to new shock, reverse procedure and back on car, 25 mins, brilliant, next, nearside.
One 13mm undone, onto next, bzzzzzzzz, bzzzzzz, bzzzzzzzz, not coming off? The bloody captive nut was spinning, WHY OH F*****G WHY?????? How often does this happen when you're flying and tied to time?
Any way, I had to get underneath with a big pry bar and force it through, complete the swap and put a nut and bolt through, AND, hold everyone up for half an hour. The crime of it going well I guess. ~x(

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login