MOT result and emissions level.

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

dvhttn
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B5.5 PD130 Sport

MOT result and emissions level.

Post by dvhttn »

Right. So with c. 215K miles on the clock since late 2001 and and egr delete fitted the old girl got through her mot with just a couple of advisories. Just front tyres almost due for replacement, rear subframe (axle) bushes worn (new ones are in a box in the garage …) and 'slight corrosion' on a rear brake hose. Best bit is that this means no unplanned work need by me!

One thing though, I have a '0.6' stamp for emissions on the VIN plate (not a separate sticker that might get lost ….) so this is what the inspector entered into his box of tricks. The car came up as 0.63 but it still said 'pass'. He's thinking there must be some tolerance built in (maybe +10%??) which means it'll still get through. Not sure but he wasn't going to argue with the expensively maintained MOT computer!

On the egr delete front I was trying to get the egr 'cover' that's normally found as part of the top engine cover but not had any luck (though not looked too hard). So all I did was cover the hole from underneath. What the inspector can't see he can't fail …..

Anyway, just an FYI on the opacity level result.
Last edited by dvhttn on Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----
Dave
Carpe diem ....

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login