hmm... MODIFICATION!

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

denkydoodle
Passat model: B5 SE & B5.5 SPT

hmm... MODIFICATION!

Post by denkydoodle »

Hi folks

I'm new here. I'm Denkydoodle, i'm 26, live near Edinburgh and I like cars, motorbikes, beer, women, and have a bit of an unhealthy obsession with ice cream (read: fat barsteward)

I wanted to bounce some ideas off those with more experience and knowledge of the passat...

I have a W reg B5 1.9TDI (115bhp) saloon and a 51 plate B5.5 PD130 estate. Both are remapped (the B5 to roughly 140 and the B5.5. to roughly 170)

Both are fairly standard engine wise and If the 5.5 wasn't so rusty i'd be spending money on that, but it is. They're both on about 205k miles, but the B5 had a new engine at about 170k which had about 85k on it, so obviously the better choice here.

So, instead, i'm going to spend all my hard earned dough on the B5. I spoke quickly to a guy called Liam Andrews (not sure if he's on here) who was helpful, but want to see what others have done with theirs and what power they've managed to get out of it without ripping the engine apart to upgrade the internals... I'm not looking for anything mental just something that'll raise some eyebrows and put a smile on my face (it hasn't been seen since i sold my BMW)

My shopping list so far consists of (mainly to get it through another MOT but mostly because i got bored at work and came up with a massive list...):
  • Coilovers
  • EGR blank
  • Decat
  • straight through exhaust
  • suspension arms
  • disks and pads
  • air induction kit (i know it won't actually do anything but i don't care)
  • 4mm and 3mm silicone piping to simplify the vac lines down to just an N75 and turbo
I also have a nice set of 17" Audi A3 8P wheels which i'll be putting on with some fresh rubber and a set of spacers all round to make up for the offset difference (they're ET56 but not sure if the b5 wheels are et45 or et37...)

That's it for the body and zorst, will also eventually be looking at slapping on a BV43 turbo, FMIC and PD130 injectors. And of course, a remap

The good news is my b5.5 has a 6spd gearbox with new driveshafts and coilovers only recently fitted so i might cannibalise that to put all the nice stuff on the b5.

Any thoughts, comments, questions, delusional rantings?

This topic has 20 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login