How important are front wheel arch liners?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

alpenweiss2
B3
Passat model: B5 1.9TDI Wagon

How important are front wheel arch liners?

Post by alpenweiss2 »

Hello all.

Our 1999 B5 1.9tdi wagon was recently in the garage for a new turbo and a few other jobs. Brake hoses, suspension arm, tracking etc.

The garage is run by a British guy here in France and is a long way from where we live. I have just discovered that the two front wheel arch liners are damaged and they were not like that when the car went into the garage. I know this for certain as I did an oil change and removed the front undertray only a few days before the car went into the garage.

I am very annoyed about this as I cannot understand how this could have happened, maybe when they removed the undertray to do the turbo? Can't be bothered to argue with them and they are so far away it is just a hassle!! Won't be using them again thats for sure.

Anyway both arch liners have sizeable holes where they used to clip to the undertray at the front of the arch on each side. I think I will order new arches off ebay. There is a guy in Lithuiana who does them for £9.50 plus postage.

Does the passenger side inner arch liner protect the intercooler from road spray and poo? The fact there is now a four inch hole in it means you can see the bottom of the intercooler through the arch? :0

Any thoughts? How urgent is it to replace?

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login