keeping in front

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

bobfish45
B7
Passat model: b5

keeping in front

Post by bobfish45 »

When I look through the posts, I can't help noticing the number of emergencies that seem to arise, and wonder,if maybe the newer lads acquiring these old passats fully appreciate the ongoing attention they require to keep them 100% surprise free?
I try not to count the cost of staying in front when it comes to maintenance, and when I get the feeling something is making itself known, it isn't long before it gets changed. Apart from 5k oil changes with fuel filter at 10k, on this car fairly recently,(12 months), there has been, water temp sensor genuine, new wings,rocker cover gasket, rear caliper,aux belt, full set of bilstiens, steering pump, injector loom, tensioner this week, 4 tyres, abs sensor, and of course, the new rear bumper etc. forced on me by the crash.
My reward has been to travel anywhere and not worry about the car at all, (so far!!!) Does anyone else share my view on preventative maintenance, and do any of the newer owners envisage following along the same lines?

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login