I'm gonna do this 6 speed box before Feb...however...?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

andy7671
B1
Passat model: PD 130 sport

I'm gonna do this 6 speed box before Feb...however...?

Post by andy7671 »

I'm not familiar with this, (You may have noticed ), buggered about in the hail, got it high enough at front and slackened all top bolts on bellhousing, well 1/4 turn just to prove they move and I can access them, starters out, slave cylinder twisted off complete, linkage disconnected, speedo connection to do.

So, thought I'd just spend a pleasant hour or so, safely under car and attack the last few bolts, silly me. Should have known better, the bolt right at the bottom 6 o'clock...? Ha ha , ha ha, ha, thought the ones below tandem pump were difficult but this oh fiddlesticks!.

If I was on a desert island I'd be looking at loosening engine mounts and jacking engine up 2-3 " so its above subframe is that correct...? Is there an easier way...?

I mean it's great really, the quality of engineering, even the little torx panheads come out freely after 18 years or so but its a slow old game for me.

Ho hum, your challenge for next weekend Andy is.... :ymbringiton:

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login