Selling spares or repair

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Inspector 71
B1
Passat model: B5.5

Selling spares or repair

Post by Inspector 71 »

I'll be selling my sport estate in the next few weeks on a spares or repair basis mainly due to the noisy 6 speed box. I'm just trying to gauge interest at the moment. I don't want to put one over on anyone so I'm being totally honest with my description.

Bad points:
MOT expires September 22nd.
Noisy box although drives fine.
Various clunks from front end
Requires osf wheel bearing and ABS sensor
Usual front arch and tailgate rust
Air con not working
coolant leak from rear of engine
Failed microswitch in drivers door module. Central locking works fine but courtesy lamp does not come on when door opened nor does the lights on buzzer work.
Tailgate release switch inop

Good points:
Only 130k miles
genuine cambelt kit and water pump done when purchased in Feb 2017 at 120k
Only slight wear to drivers seat no rips or holes.
Clutch is nice,no slipping, starts to bite quite low in pedal travel
Recent new rear calipers as well as pads and discs all round
Matching firestone all season tyres with decent tread. Rears are like new.
2 remote keys.

I realise there might not be much interest in this due to the amount of work needed. I'd be looking for about £300 for the car as it stands. I don't have the space or time to start breaking it for spares. If there is any interest at all I'll get some pics sorted. I have some parts which I've bought for the car recently including a full Moog front arm kit which cost me nearly £300 which I'll be selling seperately.

I don't have a V5 for this so I'm waiting on a replacement from DVLA which should hopefully arrive within the next few weeks. Car is in my name as I've been taxing it using the V11 reminders. The V5 never arrived in the post and I've never chased it up until now as I had no intention of selling until recently.

Cheers
George

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login