Loss of power - significant.

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

alpenweiss2
B3
Passat model: B5 1.9TDI Wagon

Loss of power - significant.

Post by alpenweiss2 »

For the last week our 1999 1.9tdi Wagon has been running a bit rough and down on power. I decided to check the vacuum hoses and found several splits (won't be buying cheap French made vac hose again!!) Have replaced the split hoses.

Anyway I had a bit of a disaster as I decided to remove the blanking plate for the EGR valve which is bolted to the manifold so that I could do the Mr Muscle treatment on the turbo. This worked well the previous time I did it. I managed to snap a stud and the blanking plate lifted at one side allowing the joint to blow. I thought this was putting the car into limp mode as it is really down on power and won't rev and will hardly pull at all in 2nd or 3rd gear?

Anyway I have used some high temp stove paste to seal around the blanking plate as a temporary fix and this has stopped it blowing exhaust gasses out.

Problem is the car is still down on power by quite a lot? Can it get stuck in limp mode? Car is running a Blacksmoke chipped ECU? Could this have failed? Could it be the turbo?

Also does anyone have a good diagram of exactly how the vac hoses should be set up as I am worried I have connected some up wrong particularly the ones at the back of the head?

Any thoughts people? Hope you can help?

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login