Intercooler boost clip insertion

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

andy7671
B1
Passat model: PD 130 sport

Intercooler boost clip insertion

Post by andy7671 »

Well this slow old twit has managed to get turbo back in but I'm really struggling with these clips.

I was convinced the tangs on the clip should go behind the lugs/pins on intercooler, so convinced I spent 2 hours last night looking for another larger clip, up early, 25 miles to VW and ordered both clips, toured scrap yards, well I say toured should have said viewed from behind padlocked gates, ALL scrapyards round here are just not accessible any more, got home, and had another look.....

and then I turned my head to the left, these have been undisturbed for 50k at least...

So I'm struggling to understand the purpose of the pins...?

Are these clips inserted properly...?

Also, the hose itself is a real struggle to insert flush, either I push the hose in after clip is positioned, hoping the tapered piece on the hose itself, splays the clip before snapping back, or its a two handed job, or I'm an idiot who needs to be given a Tonka toy and a sand pit,

Any thoughts gents, thanks for reading...

All done, just laugh at me...

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login