GTB2260VK

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

pete69zx
still on the production line
Passat model: B5.5

GTB2260VK

Post by pete69zx »

Hi all,

So ive had my Passat for almost 2 years now & have been amasing parts/wish lists for upgrades I want to make.

The car has been fitted with a Darkside Developments FMIC & hard pipe kit, EGR delete, decat downpipe & an ebay remap file.

I also have a Darkside Developments 4 branch exhaust manifold for it to allow the fitment of a GTB2260VK.

I still need a clutch too, thinking of a Sachs SRE for my 5speed box.

I'm thinking about changing the gearbox to one from a v6 2.5TDi, as the 6th gear ratio is a little tller than my current 5speed.

I'd also like to swap to a 6speed box as can go for the larger clutch 240mm for a 6speed vs 288mm for a 5speed.

I believe if I go for a 6speed swap, I would need to change the subframe and starter motor, is this correct? A list of parts required would be greatful :)

Im also considering some 345mm front brake upgrade to cope with the extra power.

Im just going to keep standard injectors for now & maybe upgrade them at a later date (its all just more £££ & id like to see how she performs with just the new clutch, bigger turbo, custom manifold, FMIC & possibly a full 3" exhaust system if possible)

Whats people thoughts opinions, please?

Cheers

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login