oil level warning and dead climatronic

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

phy8dop
still on the production line
Passat model: B5

oil level warning and dead climatronic

Post by phy8dop »

I've got 2x 1.9 pdi 2001 Passat estates. One manual, one auto. The auto one has developed a grearbox issue (I have a different thread). Now the manual one has picked up a fault :hyst :hyst

Driving home from work The climatronic died. I'd also had some intermittent oil level warnings. I've read a through other threads which suggests that this may be connected.

I took a look at the sump today. I assume the picture below is the oil level sensor?

As you can see I have added some insulation tape as the outer sheathing had pulled back, leaving the three thin wires. I couldn't see any breaks in the insulation, but its obviously not good to have only the thin wires and PVC insulation exposed to the road. When I turn the ignition on (turned on and off on the same spot about 20 times) I am still occasionally getting a low oil warning.

Replacing fuse 5 has got climatronic working again. However, I suspect it will blow again unless I sort this oil level sensor.

The reason for the post I can order a new sensor, but this just has a female plug - No wiring. Given the state of the male plug and wiring I suspect that the problem may rest here. Does anyone know where the other end of the cable goes - does it plug in elsewhere, or is that part of a larger loom that would be a ball ache to change?!

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login