You lot are !"£$^ magicians, PD Turbo removal.

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

andy7671
B1
Passat model: PD 130 sport

You lot are !"£$^ magicians, PD Turbo removal.

Post by andy7671 »

Well into my second day now, looks soooo easy sitting here looking at pictures.
3hrs for bottom oil pipe, cracked 2 of the 12mm manifold ones, 3rd, nearest N75 can get 1/4 socket and breaker but not enough room to slip anything over for leverage as it points to block.
13mmat the bottom...2hrs but I've "cracked " it, just going to undo and try and remove with manifold.

Oh the turbo oil feed pipe, saw it was fragile thanks to "How To" spent couple of hours, penetrating oil had been on overnight, anyway wedged a couple of drill bits on the flats to stop both turning, eventually undid with no damage......and then thought "£$%^& It might as well replace"

Going to do all vac hoses, 3 & 5 mm right...? Just keeping standard no delete. AVF PD130.

Do have a question though, Torque wrenches, there's a 1/4 Teng 5-25 I'm pretty much set on, clearly I need a larger one any suggestions as to range 150nm...? too much,.

Anyway "Back on me head", 30* out here....

PS, read about flank drive spanners but its 3/4 of an hour each way to basic tool shops, screwfix do teng individually but don't know if they are hip grip. ho hum, not in a hurry... :-?

This topic has 30 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login