Drivers door wont unlock!

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

fungusdabogeyman
Passat model: B5.5

Drivers door wont unlock!

Post by fungusdabogeyman »

Hi all, first post due to inheriting 130 TDI 2001.

I would appreciate any guidance with a problem that has occured only a couple of days after owning the car.

I dont know if it is a coincidence or not as it was working perfectly until i clicked unlock on the key fob while my impatient daughter pulled on the door handle.

Now all the doors unlock except the drivers door. Whether its the key fob or the internal button, the drivers door will not open. Even the mechanical key will not work, it feels like when the knob comes up something is pulling it back down. I cant investigate further as i am unsure how to get the door card off when the door wont actually open. So frustrating, i have done the obligatory leaving the battery disconnected for a couple of hours to no avail.

Is it mechanical? All seems to work electrically. My mate has VAGCOM if that can be any use.

Thanks for any help, it is much appreciated, even general guidance to me learning a bit. Would be happy to even get it in a stuck unlocked position for now!

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login