Trouble with AC help !

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

memyself4
B2
Passat model: B5.5 130 TDI

Trouble with AC help !

Post by memyself4 »

Trying to fix my AC is driving me nuts ! It lost gas due to leaky condenser, I changed that and the AC pressure switch as it was showing as faulty in vcds. System was prefessionally evacuated and regassed, and is still holding pressure, but not working, Also tried....

-tested pressure switch contacts with multimeter, all ok.
-wired compressor to battery to test clutch working fine clutch locks solid and turn free with no power
-ac fan runs when "auto" selected on climatronic, turns off when "Econ" selected
-looked at relay 276, it "clicks" when "auto" selected have not opened it to check for dry solder joints
-checked power lead to compressor, all seems fine. Checked lead under power steering box, again all fine
-put my cheap Halfords AC pressure guage on high side line, it was showing in the red! But assume this is due to no flow in the system? Would you pressure stop system cicking in? Is it worth evacuating a bit of pressure? Checked low side and got a blast in the face !!!! (Glove & glasses worn)
-went over system with UV light to look for leaks, all ok.

Next I plan to do a self test on the climatronic . Anything I've missed here ?

Car is 2002 b5.5 1.9tdi.

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login