Long Days MPG

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

MrPassat02
B1
Passat model: B5.5

Long Days MPG

Post by MrPassat02 »

Thought some of you may be interested in some mpg figures over some long days I've done on the continent last month,

Overall for 3000 miles I got 56.6 mpg. measured between full tanks, ignoring the on board display.

This was a mixed trip - 90kmh single carriageway roads, 130kmh autoroute/autopistes and slow roads up and down either side of the pyrenees twice.

Interesting thing number 1 - last year same trip averaged 52.3, difference being this year it had a new thermostat and was running at the right temperature.

Interesting thing number 2 - on board computer seems a tad optimistic, at the end of most days it was reading around the 60 mpg mark.

Interesting thing number 3, no problems at all, apart from having to fit new rear pads which I missed before setting off, and the aircon which again I gave up trying to fix before I left.

Interesting thing number 4, after 30k miles Nexen tyres start to crack on the shoulder, but apart from that a good budget tyre.

The car got a pat on the bonnet when I got home.

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login