Radiator fan help !

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

memyself4
B2
Passat model: B5.5 130 TDI

Radiator fan help !

Post by memyself4 »

The radiator fan on my 2002 b5.5 1.9tdi is always on at slow speed is this normal ? Even when starting the car from cold the fan is turning at what seems like a slow speed, are they meant to be always on ?

Engine temp guage shows 90 degrees so it's not overheating, it does drop to 60 degrees if I'm sitting in slow moving traffic. My AC is not working (replaced seals so need gassing) so I have the climatronic set to "Econ" if its set to normal the AC fan also turns from start up.

I'm thinking it might have a faulty coolant sensor / rad fan switch? Talked to VW parts today and they said there was no coolant sensor in bottom hose or rad !!! Only a rad fan thermo switch - which he couldn't tell me where it was located. I'm thinking this might be the same thing just that we both had a different name for it? From online search looks like a blue thermo switch held by plastic clips into bottom rad hose ?

Other possibles include faulty control module or resistor pack ? Any guidance would be very grateful.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login