AC help

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Gavster30
B6
Passat model: B5.5

AC help

Post by Gavster30 »

Hey guys,

OK so I am thinking of keeping my Passat now instead of buying a gas guzzler (decision not made yet) but if I keep her I want her to be perfect working order.

So I know I have an issue with the AC Fan, I haven't taken it off and tested it but I guess the easy fix is to swap it out, I have found them on eBay for £30.

Next issue is my A/C compressor is noisy, now I know it isn't the fan as above that doesn't work but I get belt squeak when the A/C is selected, I changed all the belts last year when I did my cambelt and it was an issue before and after so I know it isn't the belt, however I will change the belt when fixing the issue. So it points me in the direction of the clutch on the compressor.

If I can get a clutch replacement kit what special tools do I need, a puller for example?Is there a replacement clutch kit for the compressor and if there is can I have a link??

If no to the above and I picked up a cheap Chinese unit or a second hand replacement what else needs replacing at the same time?
If I need to replace the compressor and other bits I assume I need seals and some sort of fitment oil??
Finally if I do change the compressor who is best to de-gas and re-gas is it expensive?

Thanks,
Gav

This topic has 25 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login