No power on acceleration,...

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

malcosis
still on the production line
Passat model: B5

No power on acceleration,...

Post by malcosis »

Hi there,
Its my first post on this site, be kind!!
Ive got a 2002 Passat, 1.9TDi, Automatic.
I really like this car, its seen the family through alot, and until recently, has been rock solid.
About a month ago i was pulling away at traffic lights, when i felt like the handbrake was on, it was taking alot longer get to 40mph, it was revving, but just no grunt.
The next day it was ok, maybe a bit less power, but no where near as bad as the traffic lights situation.
Then i happened again, but went away, and now its come back, and is happening more often.
I checked all the turbo hoses, and checked for leaks or splits, when there was one hose, the small right angled one that goes into the EGR thing.
That was a bit loose, so, i took it off, had a look, no splits, but the O ring, was really oily,.
I got hold of a new O ring, replaced that on the small hose, reinstalled, and it clicked right in, put the horseshoe clip back on its snug.
Took her out round the block, sweet, back to full power, no worries..
Then,,,last night, taking off from a set of lights, she hit about 3000rpm, and *click*, something went, i felt a drop in pressure, and all the power went, back to no power.
Ive had a go on an OBD reader, its coming up with code 17965, intermitant boost fault.
So, ive had a right good look again at the hoses, and theyre all good, all the little connecting pipes round the back are ok.
My fuel is also not lasting!!
There is this silver pipe, which runs under the EGR parts, that is bolted on under the EGR valve, that seemed to have quite a bit of wet oil around its seal.
Ill try to upload pics,( its saying file size too large).
Thanks for reading, and ive a feeling, maybe something to do with EGR?
Nice one.
Malc.

This topic has 32 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login