What is control module fuel pump fault?

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Chopperman
still on the production line
Passat model: B5.5

What is control module fuel pump fault?

Post by Chopperman »

2003 1.9 PD AWX engine. It started playing up last November after a load of water in diesel (another story) all cleaned and flushed.
It then came up with injector 4 fault. New loom fitted and it still miss fired. Changed injector number 4......which under old school, is the one nearest the back.......but read last night, on read outs, it means the one at the front! Is this correct? This would make sense as it came up with injector 4 fault again yesterday.
ECU fault came up-changed that with an immobilised and chipped ECU which also i tested on my good Passat before fitting it. To me, it always felt like fuel starvation. Cleaned the tank pump which the filter was covered in black poo.
I have put an inline pump just after the filter to make certain that fuel is getting to the head.
Now, another code '00476 Control module fuel pump' comes up. I cannot find a fuel control module. Do they mean fuel pump? I get the intial surge from the tank pump on the turn of the key and also the other day, fuel flowed out while the engine was not running which I cannot recall it ever coming out with the ignition on and engine not running?
It started yesterday which it has not done after many days/weeks and attempts but after driving about 20 yards it petered out and stopped. It just about started but would not rev as if no fuel along with miss fire. Managed to get it out of the way but it was only firing on a few cylinders.
Maybe the faulty injector is dragging the others down but the control module fuel pump seems more likely.

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login