Smoking engine

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

bobfish45
B7
Passat model: b5

Smoking engine

Post by bobfish45 »

Having seen the various threads on here over the years about smoking engines, and looked on utube, there are obviously different causes and opinions.
In the cold, mine smokes upon startup like an old scrappies wagon, in warmer weather less so. Normal running produces none of this blue ish smoke, and engine performance seems unaffected, perhaps on the coldest mornings the first few seconds seem to be on a cylinder less but slightly increasing the revs removes that.Now, I can change glow plugs and change injector seals or I can live with it. I would like to start up without the smoke if the aforementioned changes would do the trick, but,does anybody who has tried to rectify this problem with their car think it's worthwhile? I've had the car for 18k and changed oil and filters every 5k with vw platinum and it uses virtually no oil between changes, I'm on 125k at the moment, and generally the engine sounds very good. Comments please, Rod.

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login