New VAG B5.5 1.8t 20v owner

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

DeanoVIP
Passat model: B5 5

New VAG B5.5 1.8t 20v owner

Post by DeanoVIP »

First post so wanted to say Hi, previously owned 3x Lexus so my first VW. Rather excited to be honest and had some questions for the experienced here.

1. It needs a service it's done 90k, What oil and how much does it take? Any recommendations for filters such as pipercross or just Oem?

2. Engine temp sits around 70 so guessing the thermostat is knackered, vw want like 60 quid euro car parts is 15. Other than the thermostat is there any other bits I need or any recommendations where to buy one?

3. The electric drivers window seems a bit dodgy and sometimes drops any idea how to fix this.

4. Finally mods any performance or cosmetic that are a must and not going to break the bank. I was considering changing the head unit and cd changer for a touch screen not sure if that's a simple replacement or where to look for parts. The headlights are looking quite worn so they need replacing seen some aftermarket ones on eBay but unsure on the quality.

Any other advice reccomendations would be amazing and thanks all.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited by DeanoVIP on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login