corrosion in heating system

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

michael1
B2
Passat model: b 5.5

corrosion in heating system

Post by michael1 »

i thort id clean out the coolant reservoir on my 2004 tdi 130. it looked rusty ish .tho coolant was not. anyway got if off and took in to kitchen and started flushing it. it was really rusty and quite a few bits that when dried out a bit were like soft rust.
i then had a look at the hoses on car. the thin one that goes fro top of reservoir to a black metal pipe by engine was caked up solid. so removed it and flushed it through. i then and dont ask me y blew in to the point where said thin pipe connected and it blew out loads of rusty bits and iron filings sized bits.the cars heating system has never been a problem the blocked pipe has not caused any over or under heating issues. i then filled it up again using comma xstream g30 coolant . all seem to be ok still. but very concerned about what else may be caked up. and how to go about getting it all out. dont want to muck up heater matrix by causing blockage etc. to tell you the truth iv never really noticed any of the heating system hoses hot . never heard fan go on to a phase two setting. it just seems to run very cool even in the summer. i used cars diagostics and went to coolant temp number 45 on climate control panel and when hot was hovering between 88 and 90 . so where to begin without mucking anything up. any suggestions

This topic has 25 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login