Warm up issues AVF

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

WOT
still on the production line
Passat model: B5

Warm up issues AVF

Post by WOT »

Good evening folks, I'm looking for a little bit of diagnostic help please. My car is a 2003 AVF 4MO Saloon standard car. In the recent past I've had a new radiator installed, replaced the coolant pipe on the passenger side of the head and replaced the coolant outlet at the back of the head due to leaking coolant. I've also had the head rebuilt with cam wear in the last year and done the flywheel.

Recently when cold the car is slow to start as in 3-4-5 turns before firing. In addition while it is in the warmup phase it will kill the throttle momentarily a couple of times. This usually happens at about 70-80 degrees. Once it hits 90 it is fine and will drive fine endlessly.

Switch it off and restart when hot it fires 1st time. Switch it off and restart when warm it fires after a few turns but will usually kill the fuel before it hits 90.

Recent service incl air & fuel filters and also the coolant temp sender. (The old one was probably fine).

Carpets are dry, pollen filter housing is sealed up nice and there is no water / dirt in my battery tray.

Coolant system is holding pressure so I don't think the heater matrix is leaking. There is no sign of such a leak.

I don't have vcds but can get some logging done if necessary. What would you look for next in this case. I am not from the "throw new parts at it" camp.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login