2002 1.9tdi Red TDI

From engines to interiors , have you a question or can you help, ask and answer here !

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

JayM1969
B1
Passat model: b5

2002 1.9tdi Red TDI

Post by JayM1969 »

Hi All, looking for a little help, I just bought a 2002 1.9tdi saloon, 1 owner from new, full service history with 111k on the clock. The car is mint, not a scratch. the service book is full and i have a folder full of receipts. I wont tell you what i paid as it was just insanely cheap.

This is only my 2nd Passat in 6 months and tbh i am a novice with cars but call it a mid life crisis, I am now wanting to tinker about and start a project.
My question is... what BHP does this car have ? It has red TDI sign but feels much slower than my other 130 bhp Passat. which leads me to my final question. When i put my foot down the car feels a little, how can i put this, limited/strangled/struggling/like it wants to go but its being held back.

What could cause this ? Do i start with the EGR and remove/clean it ? I have read on here about Turbo Pipes and Mass air flow sensors, Any help would be much appreciated.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login